[Neuroscience] Re: Combine neuroscience and computer science

divya_rathore_ from gmail.com via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by divyarathore from gmail.com)
Wed Jan 28 03:24:04 EST 2009

On Jan 26, 6:33 pm, davide <davide... from REMOVECAPITALhotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I explain a bit the strange subject. By the way I am not sure this is
> the right NG, apologies if it isn't.
>
> I have studied computer science for many years and very recently
> robotics but now for some reasons (I am not going to bore you with them)
> I have realised that it is not what I really want to do. Now I am very
> interested in spirituality (humans and not machines) and in particular
> in consciousness. Neuroscience is directly related to it and also very
> fascinating. But I am not sure it's what I had in mind (at the moment I
> am more interested in the spiritual side of consciousness but I have
> also started to read about neuroscience). Anyway, I did not want to
> waste many years of computer science and therefore I was looking for a
> solution to put the two things together. That's why this post.
> So, is there a way to combine computer science and consciousness?
>
> I know this may sound a bit strange to you but if you have any idea,
> suggestion, comment, critic ..... I would really appreciate.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Davide.

Directly or indirectly, Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) and fMRI
(functional MRI) are contributing towards what you are asking for.

- Divya Rathore
www.adislindia.com/people/~divya/index.htm