IUBio

[Neuroscience] Fiber Volley/Stimulation artifact

bmidthun from ucsd.edu via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by bmidthun from ucsd.edu)
Tue Jun 30 23:29:28 EST 2009

Hi,

I am new to the electrophysiology world and am performing  hippocampal
field recordings on acute slices.  I am currently getting a nice field
response, however, many times I barely see a fiber volley, (if at all)
which will sometimes decrease as I increase stimulation.  Additionally,
because they (the fiber volleys) are so small, any tiny variation
radically  changes the  input/output slopes.  My feeling is that this is
due to the large stimulation artifact.  Does anybody have any ideas on
what may be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
B~