IUBio

[Neuroscience] Re: Help with series resistance and EPSP variations

Hans Reiner Polder via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by support from npielectronic.com)
Sun Oct 23 13:31:24 EST 2016

Please see the also this paper:

Riedemann T, Polder HR, Sutor B (2016) *Determination and compensation
of series resistances during whole-cell patch-clamp recordings using an
active bridge circuit and the phase-sensitive technique*.
Pflügers Archiv - European Journal of Physiology, October 2016, Volume
468, Issue 10, pp 1725–1740, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00424-016-1868-8

A method which avoids any series resistance can be found in the
following paper (sharp electrode and whole cell patch recordings):

Richter DW, Pierrefiche O, Lalley PM, Polder HR (1996) *Voltage-clamp
analysis of neurons within deep layers of the brain.* J Neurosci
Methods. <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=richter+polder#>
1996 Aug;67(2):121-3.
  PDF available under this link
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/14333724_Voltage-clamp_analysis_of_neurons_within_deep_layers_of_the_brain>