Attaching NG108-15 cells

Theo Schoenmakers theos at sci.kun.nl
Mon Jan 24 05:36:38 EST 1994

Dear netters,

There was a discussion on letting PC-12 cells attach here recently. I
have quite a similar problem, and I hope someone can give some hints on
how to resolve it.

I am working with NG108-15 cells, a hybridomal cell line of a rat
neuroblastoma and a mouse glioma. These cells were fine, growing
quickly and attaching with no problem on culture dishes till about a
month ago. After we took them out of the liquid nitrogen after the Xmas
holidays, nothing is working out.

The cells have a very hard time attaching to culture dishes. Coating
the dishes with collagen doesn't really seem to help much. Lately I had
one lot that was attached reasonably. However, after changing the
medium for one with 10 uM prostaglandin E1, 1 mM theophylline and 1%
Foetal Calf Serum (instead of the usual 10%) in order to start a
differentiation, the cells let go of the support after two days. This
treatment did not pose any problems a month ago.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Does anyone have an idea? Suggestions? Please....

Thanks a lot,
Theo Schoenmakers

--
/---------- Dr. Theo J.M. Schoenmakers <theos at sci.kun.nl> ------------\
| Dept. Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science, University of Nijmegen |