brain haemorrage in a baby please help

islam hassan itarek at ritsec3.com.eg
Mon Mar 16 12:37:35 EST 1998

Hello  doctors
the following MSG contain some attached file of some ct scan x-ray I
know that the resolution of the x-rays
is not to good so please forgive me for this also there is a report
included in this attached file it is the report of the ct scan
Anyway I will give u here all the data that I have maybe it could help u
anyway in prognosis
this ct scan are for my child so if u can help please do her is the data

Patient age: 26 days (he was born premature 6 months and 27 days)
body weight:1.850 kg
I will describe now what happened one weak ago
in the first day in the morning the boy was restless and he had a sunken
eye and little activity   and he vomited   so the doctor of the
incubator has given   him manetol and corticosteroids (he suspected a
brain haemorrhage ) and so we have done a sonar at night there has a
brain Haemorrhage then after this the doctors decide to do a sonar every
day to follow the condition   and continue the medication (mentol is
adiortectis I think it removes the brain oedema)
The next day every thinks returned normal again and the activity also
and the doctors begin to measure the head circumference  there was
little increase in the beginning then at the end of the week there was a
2.5 cm increase in the head circumference
in the past week the baby did not suffer from convulsion or fits or
anything he is normal only the increase in circumference
So we decided to make a ct
The report of the ct is included in the attached file
The haemorrhage is interventricular haemorrhage it is resolving and
there is an increase about 3.9 cm
In ventricle diameter
It was classified as grade 3
The doctor after doing has suggested to do  an operation (shunt
operation)
So if anybody can help me and tell me
Is the operation important is the haemorrhage and brain compression have
done anything bad to the brain tissue is the baby will suffer from any
mentality or co-ordination problems please send me the diagnosis of this
case as soon as possible it would be great
NB: PLEASE REPLY TO MY EMAIL ADRESS BECAUSE I HAVE PROBLEM RECEIVING THE
NEWS LETTERS MAIL
THANKS VERY MUCH
DR ISLAM TAREK