About bionet

Jure Sah jure.sah at guest.arnes.si
Sat Jun 23 10:05:37 EST 2001

Richard Norman wrote:
> But I do find annoying the people who feel it necessary to
> cross-post to bionet.neuroscience along with things like
> comp.robotics or alt.conspiracy or alt.paranormal, just
> to mention a few recent postings.

Oh, I see Bloxy left an effect on you too! Never mind for those few
kooks. =]

It's no general practice to cross-post to this newsgroup like you
described it. But sometimes (when it isn't Bloxy cross-posting), such a
cross-post is as profesional as it can be; for example a cross-post to
news:comp.ai.philosophy, news:comp.ai.neural-nets and
news:bionet.neuroscience is made in order to make sure some usefull
information about neuroscience is delivered to the otherwise
philosophical discussion regarding neural nets. It might seem like
teeasing, but it actualy leads to improvment of the discussed.

Hmm, I guess tho it is better to keep lurking around this newsgroup.