postdoc position

Peter Brzezinski peter at bcbp.chalmers.se
Thu May 27 06:47:18 EST 1993

					Goteborg May 27, 1993

Dr. Peter Brzezinski
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Chalmers University of Technology
S-412 96 GOTEBORG
SWEDEN
Tel.: 	+(46)-31-772 2807
FAX:	+(46)-31-772 2813
E-mail:	PETER\BIOFY2.BCBP.CHALMERS.SE

We are currently looking for a candidate for a postdoctoral position at the Department of
Biochemistry and Biophysics, Chalmers University of Technology and University of
Gvteborg, Sweden. I am writing to you to ask help in identifying candidates for this position. At our
department research is focused on structure and function of proteins. We use different
biochemical and biophysical techniques such as site-directed mutagenesis, measurements of
laser-flash induced absorbance changes (ns-DC), measurements of charge displacements in
membrane proteins oriented in lipid membranes (ns-s), EPR and ENDOR. Recently, we
installed a pulsed EPR spectrometer from Bruker.
The postdoctoral position is available in our project to use these techniques to study
bacterial and plant photosynthesis. The photosynthesis group includes: Dr. Roland Aasa,
Dr. Lars-Erik Andriasson, Dr. Peter Brzezinski, Dr. Orjan Hansson, Dr. Bruno Kallebring,
Prof. Tore Vanngard and several PhD students. Current work in the project associated with
the position focuses on reconstitution of PSII in phospholipid vesicles and time-resolved
measurements of light-induced electrogenic events associated with electron and proton
transfer.
There is great flexibility in the design of the project. Applicants should send a brief
description in their research interests. In addition, a curriculum vitae and the names and
addresses of at least two references should be enclosed.
I would appreciate if you could show this letter to potential candidates. Thank you in
advance for your help.
With best regards,

Peter Brzezinski