AMP help

Charles Cockell Charles_Cockell at qmgate.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 6 16:59:51 EST 1996

Hi Photosynthesizers,
I'm trying to isolate and quantify radiolabeled AMP from plant cells. I've
succesfully managed to separate out mono-phosphates on TLC, but I have three
questions that currently elude me despite looking in several journals and
books.
What is the concentration of AMP in your average plant cell extract ?
Is there as easy way to quantify AMP or to visualize small amounts on TLC
(PEI-cellulose) apart from UV (for example dyes etc.) ?
Any other suggestions on quantifying AMP from cells without the use of an HPLC
?
Any answers / suggesstion on who might know would be very much appreciated,
Thanks
Charlie Cockell