phycoerythrin analysis

quadra quadra at mac.mac
Mon Jun 10 13:14:31 EST 1996

I am trying to determine whether or not a pigment is phycoerythrin.  I
have run preliminary excitation and emmission spectra which lead me to
believe that the fluorescent substance is phycoerythrin. However, I would
like to do a secondary analysis to verify this finding.  I thought HPLC
might provide some interesting information.  I was hoping someone could
give me information as to what type of column I might use, problems I
might run into, and other analysis that might be more informative.

I stumbled across this project and am a little out of my league as my
knowledge of plant physiology and photosynthesis is limited.  Hoping
someone can help! ANy information would be great.

Jamie