Symplast/Apoplast/Protoplast

J. Renee Brooks jrbrooks at milton.u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 7 17:24:07 EST 1992

nigel at pathos writes:

>In article <3667 at news.duke.edu|-> una at phy.duke.edu (Una Smith) writes:
>|->
>|->I read an interesting paper today.  The authors wrote:
>|->"The assertions made in this paper are summarized in Table 1."
stuff deleted
>Trust me.. if Don had meant to say "individual", you would have heard him.

>hope this helps.

>-nigel

Would someone please send me the reference for this paper?
Seems like some very interesting ideas are presented, but the ideas
seem to come from working at the micro scale.  I work with conifers in
the Pacific Northwest and we work at the macro scale.  I think of these
conifers as very divided organisms, meaning a branch in one part of the canopy
behaves independently of the branches in the other parts of the canopy (other
than physically being shaded).

Thanks,
Renee