Botanical Poison Ivy Antidote?

Christine King bcking at HQ.Ileaf.COM
Fri Jul 10 11:01:14 EST 1992

I spend a lot of time (for a person with a desk job) with my head in
the stickerbushes and my feet in the Poison Ivy.  I often use
Jewelweed against P.I., but not as a cure: as a preventive.  *First*
find the Jewelweed, rub a bunch of it in the hands to get the juice,
and smear the juice on all exposed skin.  *Then* go into the bush,
but still avoid touching the P.I. if you can.

I haven't had more than a spot or two of rash in many years.  Maybe
that's because I'm wary, or because of the Jewelweed, or because I'm
lucky, I dunno.  But I don't think you can "build up an immunity" to
urushiol.

The Poison Ivy's brutal around here (Boston area), and lush this year.
One of "my" earliest-bearing berry patches is completely intergrown
with it.  Between that and the Stinging Nettle, you have to i.d. every
single leaf you touch...
--
  Christine King
    Internet: bcking at hq.ileaf.COM