Info Request: California Oaks

goldsmig at cgsvax.claremont.edu goldsmig at cgsvax.claremont.edu
Fri Jan 8 22:13:34 EST 1993

I am looking for sources of information related to the growth of native
California oaks:  field studies, analyses of habitats, planting techniques,
etc.  For the past two years I have been making field observations of oaks
in Los Angeles, Orange, and Riverside counties in southern California.  My
desire (an avocation) is to plant oaks in some undeveloped areas whose oak
populations are dwindling.

Although I am a novice in this area, I do have access to several university
libraries, the INTERNET, and the libraries accessible through INTERNET.  I
would appreciate references that are available through these (and similar)
means.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might give.  I feel quite strongly
about this endeavor, and I am anxious to learn all I can about the growth
of native California oaks.

George Goldsmith
Claremont Graduate School (student) and
McDonnell Douglas Corporation