Abnormal tomato growth

BRIAN at BIO.TAMU.EDU BRIAN at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Sat Jan 9 15:18:21 EST 1993

In the course of our work with transgenic tomatoes, we occasionally
see callusing of the leaf veins, resulting in deformed leaves and
subsequent necrosis.  This occurs both in sterile tissue culture and
in the greenhouse.   It's difficult to identify exactly what triggers
the effect, since some plants are affected and adjacent plants are
not.  I would like to hear from anyone who has seen this before,
especially if they know how to prevent it.

Brian H. Taylor                         *   Ad hoc loc and
Dept. of Biology, Texas A&M University  *   quid pro quo,
College Station, TX  77843-3258         *   so little time,
                                        *   so much to know!
Phone:  (409) 845-7754                  *
FAX:    (409) 845-2891                  *   Jeremy Hilary Boob
                                        *   (The Nowhere Man)