Edibility of Dogwood Berries

falk at titan.arc.ab.ca falk at titan.arc.ab.ca
Tue Sep 14 13:21:03 EST 1993

In article <robison1.747926970 at husc10>, robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu
   (Keith Robison) writes:
> I am looking for information on the human edibility of dogwood berries.
> I had always heard they were not, but my father came across a reference
> to making jams and jellies from the berries of Cornus maas (sp?). Is
> it true that some species have edible berries?  And just how inedible
> are the rest?
>
> Thanks for any info -- I would be happy to summarize (with permission,
> of course) any E-mail replies.
>
> Keith Robison
> Harvard University
> Department of Cellular and Developmental Biology
> Department of Genetics / HHMI
>
> robison at biosun.harvard.edu

Bunchberry (Cornus canadensis) berries are edible, but very bland - why
bother?

Alfred Falk            falk at arc.ab.ca                     A L B E R T A
Information Systems Dept                                R E S E A R C H
Box 8330, Station F                                       C O U N C I L
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6H 5X2	               (403) 450-5185