(none)

MAYNARD at URIACC.URI.EDU MAYNARD at URIACC.URI.EDU
Fri Sep 17 20:38:16 EST 1993

I am breaking down an experiment examining growth of ornamental shrubs in compo
st ammended growing media (as a peat replacement).  I have noticed obvious diff
erences in leaf color, and will be getting foliar analyses for N, Mn and Fe. My
 question is: can anyone recommend the latest methods (lit. citation preferred)
for quantifying chlorophyll in higher plant tissue.  Is it still preferred to
measure on a protein basis rather than a fresh weight basis?
    I thank you for any and all informative replies...
                                                      Brian Maynard