Ephedra viridis

Erkki.Aalto at Helsinki.FI Erkki.Aalto at Helsinki.FI
Wed Feb 22 10:35:39 EST 1995

In article <3id40r$445 at ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, cowens at ix.netcom.com (Christine Owens) writes:
> Ephedra are a genus of evergreen shrubs, with separate male
> and female plants.  (If you plant both, they will produce small,
> red fruits.)  They are low-growing, fully hardy, and spread.  E.
> viridis has particularly vibrant green color, hence the name.
>
> Unfortunately, my reference doesn't say where the genus, or
> the E. viridis species is native.

Fully hardy, but where? I would like to know if E. viridis would be
hardy in southern Finland.

Erkki '\rkki' Aalto                            "Life consists of two parts:
Internet: Erkki.Aalto at Helsinki.FI               The horrible and the miserable"
Snail: P.O. Box 9
       FIN-00014 University of Helsinki
       Finland