Species camellia

Klaus Peper peper at med-ph.uni-sb.de
Fri Feb 24 04:20:37 EST 1995

john.spivey at mcc.com.au (JOHN SPIVEY) wrote:

> I am looking for information on camellia rosiflora which I have just
> acquired and other species camellias.
>
> Any suggestions how to obtain information including history, preferably
> through Internet including WWW, Gopher or FTP, would be greatly
> appreciated.

John,
in Australia please contact Thomas Savige, Hawksview,
Wirlington NSW 2640, who compiled 1994 the International Camellia
Register with 220 species and 30.000 cultivars.

On internet there is some specialized information on camellia in:
gopher://keck.tamu.edu:70/11/.tropicos

I presently try to translate the register to HTML in order to
present it on internet, but this will take its time.

In the meantime, I can accept any question related to camellia or
tea and forward it to the experts in the International
Camellia Society.

K. Peper: peper at med-ph.uni-sb.de