seed dormancy reviews?

Andrew McLellan andrew at uwinst.unizh.ch
Thu May 4 01:28:23 EST 1995

Also:

Silvertown, J. (1988) The demographic and evolutionary consequences of seed
	dormancy.  In Davy, A.J., Hutchings, M.J. and Watkinson, A.R. (eds)
	Plant population ecology, pp205-219.  Blackwell Scientific
	Publications, Oxford.

Andy

ULF at pax.vaxtbio.uu.se wrote:
: In <199504281627.MAA05519 at uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU> jrw2f at UVA.PCMAIL.VIRGINIA.EDU writes:

: > I am a student at the University of Virginia and am doing a brief library
: > project on seed dormancy. I have located a review of current material on seed
: > dormancy in Arabidopsis, but have been unable to locate either general
: > reviews or reviews of other species. If anyone knows of a good review of seed
: > dormancy, I would appreciate it if you could email the name of the reference
: > to me. Thank you very much!
: >

: Here are some references: two modern books and three pioneer papres dealing
: with the subject.
: Good luck.

: Fenner, M. (1992). Seeds. The Ecology of Regeneration in Plant Communitites.
: CAB international, Oxon.

: Grime, J.P., Mason, G., Curtisa, A.V. & al., e. (1981). A compairative study of
: germination characteristics in a local flora. Journal of Ecology 69, 1017-1059.

: Harper, J.L. & Benton, R.A. (1966). The behaviour of seeds in soil. II. The
: germination of seeds on the surface of a water supplying substrate. Journal of
: Ecology 54, 151-166.

: Leck, M.A., Parker, V.T. & Simpson, R.L. (1989). Ecology of soil seed banks.
: Academic Press, San Diego.

: Thompson, K. & Grime, J.P. (1979). Seasonal variation in the seed banks of
: herbaceous species in ten contrasting habitats. Journal of Ecology 67, 898-921.

:

:
:
:
:
:
:

: | Ulf Grandin                     | e-mail ulf at pax.vaxtbio.uu.se     |
: | Department of Ecological Botany | fax +46 18 55 34 19              |
: | Uppsala University              | voice +46 18 18 28 62            |

--
"we have only a short while to please the living but all
eternity to love the dead"

andrew mclellan			      andrew at uwinst.unizh.ch
institut fuer umweltwissenschaften, der universitaet zuerich