South American Amaryllidaceae

Giovanni Resta resta at iei.pi.cnr.it
Tue May 9 09:51:07 EST 1995

In article <3oiild$5pk at griffin.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>,
SBXCJT at stn1.agric.nottingham.ac.uk wrote:

> Does anyone know of any sources of seed or bulbs of the rarer South American
> Amaryllidaceae. I am particularly interested in
> obtaining Paramongaia, Caliphruria, Worsleya, Eustephia, Phaedranassa and
> Eucharis species. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Since it seems you live in UK the best thing I can suggest you is to buy
(or have a look at)
the book "The Plant Finder 1995/96" by C. Philip and A. Lord (12.99 GBP).
It is a book, published each
year, that lists more than 60,000 plant species and for each gives a list
of nurseries that have that item (if the plant is common they only write
"widely available") among a list of more than 600 UK nurseries and plant
sellers.

There, for example, I find a nursery that sells Eucharis bulbs.
The name is Dr. Paul Christian and the tel. WAS  (+UK) 1978 366399.
(I'm sorry I do not have here the full address).

Hope this help.
Giovanni.
resta at iei.pi.cnr.it