Foliar Feeding of Apple trees

John M. Brown jbrown01 at MAIL.COIN.MISSOURI.EDU
Mon May 15 18:13:56 EST 1995

This morning my Friend Leemer applied a foliar fertilizer to his apple
orchard.  He tried to direct the spray to the underside of the leaves.
He and I had lunch and we learned it was going to rain tonight and
tomorrow.  Leemer is worried because he feels the micronutrients will
wash off the plants.  His question to me was, "How long does it take for
the micronutrients to translocate through the leaf?"

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Thanks

John M. Brown
A I R    Agricultural Investigation & Research
2811 Lynnwood Dr., Columbia, MO  65203
314-442-6273