Kalanchoe

Jeffrey Kirby ez043438 at barney.ucdavis.edu
Mon May 15 11:36:34 EST 1995

dhaas at HUGO.FSUFAY.EDU wrote:
: Can someone give me a phonetic pronounceation for Kalanchoe. I have had
: a problem with this word for years.

I've always understood it in English as Kuh-lan-choh (rhymes with toe).
Classical latin is almost always different than "scientific latin" and
would be Kuh-lahn-koh-eh. Just like Aloe is two syllables in English and
three in latin.

: In this regard what is considered correct for Rhyzopus?  Ive used
: Rhize a pus.  Then Ive heard Rhize oh pus. ?

I think I've heard both. I always tend towards the latter.

-J
        Jeffrey A. Kirby -- Jester of Xanadu -- jakirby at ucdavis.edu

Serving the Bay Area for nearly 20 years.