HELP! QUESTION ON BOTANY

Rafael Araujo araujo at oj.rsmas.miami.edu
Mon May 15 10:21:50 EST 1995

In article <3p77b9$ard at sleipnir.iaccess.com.au>, gideon at iaccess.com.au
(GIDEON BAKER) wrote:

> I am new to botany and would
>  appreciate some information on the following:
> What type of compounds do plants produce?
>
> I understand there are literally thousands
> of different types. Can these compounds be generally
> categorised ? eg proteins...etc
>

> I hope somebody can help.

yes indeed they produce thousands of compunds, and yes thay can be
categorized as you would do with any othar major biological group:
carbohidrates, fats, proteins, nucleic acids, hormones, etc. Check a
general botany book from your library or even a general biology text book
will give you an idea. For more specialized info search under plants and
natural (chemical) products.. good look in your quest