Christopher G. Alpha cga3 at
Wed May 17 10:36:55 EST 1995

In article <3pap4h$pg3 at>, wilson at (Mark Wilson)

> your name ( at wrote:
> : In search of plants, shrubs, flowers that deer do not eat. Thanks for any help. email- dave.mccoy at
> --
>   deer will eat many things, and the rest they just nibble on. to stop
> this problem is simply enough-
> Take human hair and put it inside a apir of pantyhose, for smaller areas
> I guess kneehigh stockings would work. Get the hair from the local barber,
> deer don't like the smell of us- they'll stay away!!  Kathy

Better yet...piss on 'em.  Very good at keeping them away (best I know of).
  And you don't have old pantyhose hanging around your yard...of course the
neighbors might not like your exhibitionism (pee in a bottle and take it
outside).  Seriously this works GREAT.