Help with unidentified lawn grass

wojcik wojcik at pmsrs4.pd9.ford.com
Fri May 19 14:36:00 EST 1995

	Last year, I noticed a small, 1-inch patch of lawn that really
stood out from the rest of the lawn. This patch was much shorter, and had
an odd irridescent blue shine to it. I cut out this small patch and pampered
it to the point where it is now over a foot across but only 1-1/2 inches tall.
	Here in the Midwest, with all the rain we have had and the cool
Spring, I have had to cut my lawn 6 times already. Yet this one isolated
patch has remained under 2 inches tall and is spreading sideways like
crazy. It has still maintained its odd blue shade and I haven't had to mow it.
	Can anyone recommend a university or research facility (like Scott's
seed) that I can send a sample to and hopefully they can identify it?
	I'm going to chop this patch up to get even more of it going, since
I wouldn't mind at all having an entire lawn of this particular type. Could
it be Merion Blue? But I thought MB needs regular mowing like any other lawn
grass. This one looks like it could go many weeks without mowing.
	Any help would be appreciated.

- Al Wojcik