Morning Glory

-Leciejewski,L.M. loul at usgp2.ih.att.com
Thu May 18 10:18:26 EST 1995

I am still in search of (getting close) obtaining seeds of a Morning Glory
(Ipomea Hederacea) that my Grandmother grew in the 1960's in Chicago. How
many species of Ipomea Hederacea are there that have blue flowers (like the
common Heavenly Blue) and are 2 to 2 1/2 inches across. The leaves are "Ivy
Like" being 3-lobed (which I think is basic to all Ipomea Hederacea) and
the seed is large and pitch black in color. So far the seed I have tried
had the Ivy like leaves and blue color flower, but the size of the flower
was 1 to 1 1/2 inches across.

Anyone know of a seed company (or individual) that has a Morning Glory that
fits the description? Am I correct in my thinking that Ipomea Hederacea all
have 3 lobed leaves and are blue in color?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Lou