Help with unidentified lawn grass

Troy D. Carson carso013 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Tue May 23 13:08:59 EST 1995

Mr. Al Wojcik,

I am a member of the turfgrass research team led by Dr. Don White at the
University of Minnesota. The plant you describe sounds as if it may be an
annual bluegrass plant, but it is difficult to tell just from a description.

If you could send us a sample we could identify it for you. A live sample
is easier to identify, so if you could take a small sample with leaves and
roots, with soil remaining on the roots, wrap the sample in a wet paper
towel and place in a zip-lock bag. Also, please include your name, address
and phone number in a separate bag so it doesn't get wet. Send the sample
as soon as possible after digging to give it a better chance of surviving
through the mail system. (Next day service might be better if you want to
go that route.) My address should appear below.

If you decide to send us a sample, please let me know, so that I can keep
an eye out for it.

Troy D. Carson

Troy D. Carson
Turfgrass Research