BRITISH FLORA BOOK: INFO NEEDED

Howard Clase hclase at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Mon Dec 9 09:58:33 EST 1996

Jean,

	I tried to e-mail this but it got bounced back.  Try E-mailing me
if you want any more information.

	I suggest "The Illustrated Flora of Britain and N. Europe" by
Christopher Grey-Wilson and Marjorie Blamey, who's one of the best botanical
illustrators in the UK at present.  It's 25 pounds, but worth every new
penny.  It has botanical keys, brief descriptions and the marvellous
illustrations.   (There is also a field guide by Fitter, Fitter and Blamey
for #9.99, but it is less well printed and only has 1500 plants instead of
2500, published by Collins.)  If you want more details, like ISBN and
publisher for the Illustrated Flora let me know.

	The currently recommended botanical flora is called the New English
Flora or something like that, but I haven't seen it myself.  This is the
kind that's full of botanical words and has no coloured pictures, but it's
what you need if you really want to identify plants.

		Howard Clase	hclase at morgan.ucs.mun.ca