Quercus Durata-Jepson?

Graham Luckhurst GrahamLuckhurst at msn.com
Sun Sep 1 13:53:08 EST 1996

Last year at the Chelsea Flower Show, London England (just in case
your miles away). I saw a very small leafed American oak.  It was
labelled as Quercus Durata-Jepson.

As I have considerable difficulty in reducing the leaf size in oaks
this seamed the ideal plant.  The company showing the plant only had
the one, which they wanted 45 pounds for (about 70 US dollars), and
it was not suitable for bonsai.

I would appreciate anybody’s experience of this species and if anyone
knows where I might get some acorns (Does everyone call oak seeds
acorns?), I would be greatly indebted.