scale on ferns

Maaike stratum_van_m at
Fri Sep 27 05:10:56 EST 1996

In article <52ep8e$evb at>, swhite at says...
>rdeane at (Bill Deane) wrote:
>>Info sought on removal  or control of parasitic scale on  household fern
>>plants. Replies by e-mail will be appreciated. Thanx in advance.
>I believe these are plant spores, and harmless. Does anyone disagree?

Yes, the one's on the backside of the leaves probably are, but the others
aren't, specially when the plant and the area around it are sticky. In that
case the best thing to do is to take them of one by one with a match dipped in
methylated spirits.
stratum_van_m at