light environment and photosynthesis in plants?

AUDREY CASALAINA n1386875 at sparrow.qut.edu.au
Mon Apr 14 17:20:46 EST 1997

On 6 Apr 1997, Sandee Anna-Maria Szarka wrote:

> Dear all,
> 	I am currently doing an undergraduate project regarding changes
> that occur in photosyntheitic pigments ( specificallyv  carotenoids and
> chlorophyll) in plants with regards to changing
> light levels. I have been hunting through the univeristy library to no
> avail (most of the papers seem to be concerned with measuring photosynthetic
> rate (ie C02 consumption or 02 production) as opposed to changes
> ocuring in cholophyll/carotenoid density and size distribution. If anyone knows
> of any papers (either online or contained within journals) could you please
> either respond to this post or send me email: sandee at badapple.cs.uow.edu.au.
> 	Thankyou in advance
> 		Sandee

If this is any help at all, I have done some study in this area and found
that a book called 'Plant Physiology' by Taiz and Zieger is extremely
helpful and easy to understand.

Hope I was helpful

      AA      UUU       UUU   DDDDD
     AAAA    UU UU     UU UU DDD DDD
    AA  AA      UU     UU    DD    DD
   AA    AA     UU     UU    DD     DD
   AA    AA     UU     UU    DD      DD
  AA      AAAA  UU     UU    DD       DD
  AA   AAAAAAA   UU     UU   DD       DD
  AAAAAAAAAA     UU     UU   DD       DD
 AAAAAA    AA    UU     UU   DD      DD   oo
 AA        AA    UU     UU   DD    DDD   oooo
 AA        AA     UUU UUUUU UDD   DDD    oooo
AA          AA     UUUUU UUUUDDDDDD       oo

  a.casalaina at student.qut.edu.au

"The Indians win it, the Indians win it.  Oh my God, the Indians win it!"
HARRY DOYLE 1992