Poisoning A Tree

Wayne C. Leake blackie at pop3.frontiernet.net
Thu Apr 24 12:52:04 EST 1997

XXX wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I guess you are all "hard core greenies" here & will "flame" me to death for
> asking this question.
>
> How can I covertly kill a bunch of trees with trunks about 30cm (12 inches) in
> diameter. Can I sort of inject them with something and wait?  I have tried
> arsenic but the trees just loved it. Dead branches came back to life and
> flowered way out of season.

 I've thought of drilling holes from the top of the 'stump(s)' and
putting salt in the holes.
 Those dead branches must not have been dead, merely dormant...
 Some types of trees are very hard to kill. Take the willow, for
example. You can take a section of a willow and watch it start growing
every time it rains...