Moderation please

Marco Bleeker mbleeker at euronet.nl
Wed Jul 23 05:38:41 EST 1997

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997 15:53:32 -0500, Darin Burleigh
<burleigh at hackberry.chem.niu.edu> wrote:

>Steve Noffsinger wrote:
>> Since when has bionet.plants become a home for advertising of psychics and
>> other garbage?
>The spammers are getting more agressive everyday. You can try
>complaining to their service providers. e.g

As much as I hate it, I think all worldwide newsgroups should be moderated now.
Spamming has become a pest  and a threat to the functionality of Usenet as a
whole. It does not have to be a committee reading all messages, just a good set
of filters on a central entrance point would do... And these filters should be
maintained of course.

BTW, waiting for that, what is a good private (low cost) reader which has this
filter option? I am using Free Agent, but it has no filters I believe.

Marco
--
<mbleeker at euronet.nl>------------------<Marco Bleeker, Amsterdam, NL>
<CHEZ MARCO'S BOTANY PAGES>---<http://www.euronet.nl/users/mbleeker/>