pH in plants

Jeff resqtek at mint.net
Sat Mar 8 08:11:13 EST 1997

Hi
	I'm not a scientist, just a firefighter with an interest in furthering my
'green thumb'.  My house is a great medium for plant growth.  However,
lately, I discovered that a recurrent problem in my fish tank was relative
to the high pH of my well water. (>7.5).  Would someone with the
appropriate knowledge ( and willingness to share it) explain the effects
this may have on watering my plants?  I understand acid/base balance as it
applies to homeostasis in humans.  I would appreciate any help....

Thanks....