tulips for my wedding

Michele St. Martin micheles at PioneerPlanet.infi.net
Sun Mar 9 11:20:18 EST 1997

I'm a new gardener who is also getting married July 12.

My dream is to carry a huge bouquet of tulips -- every shade of pink,
plus some ivory mixed in -- down the aisle.  BUT I can't afford to pay
hothouse prices (if I can even get them!).

So I was wondering if it's feasible to force tulips indoors in the
summer.  If you think it is, could you tell me:

1)  Where can I buy tulip bulbs this time of year?

2)  How do I do this?  Amount of light, fertilizer, length of time it
    takes, etc.

3)  How many should I plant to get 5-6 dozen? (Want extra for
    centerpiece)

I am grateful for any help you can give!  I have posted to rec.gardens
twice, but no one has responded.

TIA!

Michele