MS and PhD opportunities
pigliucci at utk.edu
Tue Jul 28 10:12:48 EST 1998
Opportunities are available for admission in the Masters or PhD
programs in the Department of Botany, University of
Tennessee-Knoxville (http://fp.bio.utk.edu/botany), to work in
ecological and evolutionary genetics with Dr. Massimo Pigliucci
Possible areas of research include (but are not limited to):
* Search for genes affecting plasticity genes in recombinat lines from
natural populations of Arabidopsis thaliana.
* Studies on multiple environmental stresses (e.g., heat and drought),
based on the evidence from molecular literature.
* Studies on phenotypic plasticity to extremes of the same
environmental factor (e.g., very low and very high temperatures).
* Characterization of reaction norms of various types of known mutants
(e.g., mutations affecting nitrogen pathways, photoperiod responses,
* Phenotypic plasticity and hormones: studies using mutants and
ectopic application of plant hormones.
* Experimental and comparative studies of genetic constraints
Please, direct your inquiries to:
Department of Botany
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996
phone 423-974-6221, email mailto:pigliucci at utk.edu
Please, inquire ONLY if seriously (and demonstrably - track record
required) interested in ecological and evolutionary genetics.
More information about the Plantbio