Lotus Flowers

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Mon Aug 14 09:05:09 EST 2000

I think you may have to find a source of blooming plants and pick the
flowers when they are open. If you do manage to get some and get them
to open, you will want to wax them open (trickle warm melted wax
around the petal bases and let it harden) because usually they are on
a "time clock" and will close up again on whatever their schedule is.
Some are night-bloomers and some are day-bloomers, IIRC.

M. Reed