Growing a Jade Plant

Jim Jar jjardin at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Thu Jan 4 22:15:40 EST 2001

Dear Nancy
    Your friend is correct in telling you to place it on top of the soil.
You must keep the soil moist and it should root and start growing small
leaves in about 4-6 weeks.  It needs indirect light until it starts than
full sun.  Good luck.  JIM
""Nancy Dufour"" <ndufour at adrchambers.com> wrote in message
news:00a701c07688$db383e60$0e64e440 at interlog.com...
I am trying to grow a jade plant and am doing so with a leaf from a plant of
a friend of mine. She told me to simply place it on top of the soil and
roots will grow out of it and become a tree. Is this correct? Should the
soil stay dry while I am trying to grow it or should I keep it moist? How
much light does it need while it is growing? How long does it usually take?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Nancy in Canada.