Mystery carnivorous plant

I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!! spam.spam at spam.spam.com
Wed Jan 17 12:18:09 EST 2001

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:07:53 -0000, "Matt Forman"
<mforman at btinternet.com.nospam> wrote:

>Can anyone identify this plant for me?
>
>http://www.mforman.btinternet.co.uk/plant.htm
>
>Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is a sundew. Many sundews have long, thin leaves, not broad as
is more commonly shown in pictures and illustrations. I must admit
that I haven't seen one with a two-tined fork like your plant.

Sorry, but I cannot key it out to species (don't have the books with
me right now, and I don't know if you can without a flower and/or
specific location where it originated).

Oh, and by the way, your photographs are not too bad. Close-up
photography is a lot harder than most people think, and your pictures
are better than a lot of the attempts that I've come across (including
some of my initial efforts). Good luck with future photos!