Other radiation sources

duncan vincent excal at sprint.ca
Fri Jun 1 15:34:12 EST 2001

"Jeremy Harbinson" <"Jeremy Harbinson"@users.tbpt.wau.nl> wrote in message
news:3B13B198.1C52C318 at users.tbpt.wau.nl...
> If the seed is hydrated, you will cook it. Microwave radiation is
> non-ionizing and thus not considered mutagenic; it lacks the energy per
> quantum to beak chemical bonds, it will not be directly mutagenic.
> all the best,
> Jeremy Harbinson

How about the source from a smoke detector?  I think it is Americanium(if
that is a real element).  It works by ionizing the air in a small chamber.
Or ask an X-ray lab if you can leave a pack of seeds near their machine for
a few weeks.  There is quite likely some kind of small nuclear reactor at
one of the big universities near you.  Any solvent is a mutagenic,  but at
levels high enough to produce more than a 1 in a 100000 chance of getting a
mutation would most likely just kill all the seeds.  I would use caffiene
pills instead of coffee and I would make it 50 -100 times stronger than
coffee.