"Fence" plants

Kay Sexton kay at charybdis.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 15:00:38 EST 2001

I'd consider rugosa (rose) hedging - it's attractive, grows fairly fast,
encourages wild-life and you can make wine from the rose-hips (I do!).  The
only downsides are that it needs trimming fairly regularly, it drops its
leaves in winter (but the thorns stay and are still a good sight and access
blocker!) and if it gets rust or something all the leaves fall off.
Depending where you are it may keep quite a lot of winter leaf - here in
Sussex some rugosa stays greenish all year round.  You can get pink, red or
yellow or mix 'em!

news:3b24ad6c.50925817 at news.citlink.net...