Palm House Plant Leaves Browning.. HELP!

Toni Toni at
Thu Sep 6 19:02:37 EST 2001

"livesoil" <soil at> wrote in message
news:09vfptsrgic7ocn0si0jmh7dbqr0jp2umb at
> >Palms all love lots of humidity..
>  NO many palms are not doing well in florida simply because they don't
> ALL like humidity!!!!
> Better to ID the species and culture accordingly...

Take it easy....
While it would be nice to have an ID, it is not likely in this case. I'd bet
it is a Chamaedorea or an Areca, and the likelihood of humidity being needed
in an indoor potted palm is about 99.9%.

Of the 42 species palms I currently have on my property, all are thriving in
high humidity.
I'm betting hers will too.

Toni Carroll
Sunny South Florida