Palm House Plant Leaves Browning.. HELP!

Penny Morgan PMORGAN2 at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 7 07:28:15 EST 2001

Most palms are a little fussy when it comes to moisture.  Try watering it
deeply (let it run out the bottom into a plastic container) once a week.
They also usually require bright light (not sun).  Some palms, like Sago,
like the sun though.  Palms are known to brown at the tips and require
humidity or moisture on the leaves.  Try misting the leaves with a fine mist
bottle once a week too.  I would cut back on the fertilizer, especially
toward Fall and Winter, when plants need a little rest.  Start fertilizing
again in the Spring and Summer with a weakened amount once a week, then once
a month as you progress through the Summer.  I would cut the brown leaves
off and trim the brown tips on an angle with scissors.

Penny
Zone 7 - North Carolina
news:998d45ce.0109060748.33a80af5 at posting.google.com...