Mac vs DOS

jperry at UWCMAIL.UWC.EDU jperry at UWCMAIL.UWC.EDU
Wed Oct 18 14:06:19 EST 1995

Can anyone offer an objective, non-prejudicial appraisal of what one should be
purchasing in setting up a computer lab for biology?

Or data collection to integrate into the biology laboratory?

Is the best of both worlds a dual platform Mac (with DOS card)?

Does anyone have a vision of what will be most useful for CD ROM materials
(Mac vs DOS) in the future?

Are there any reviews that anyone is aware of that addresses this issue?

We're needing to make some decisions associated with a major building project.
Our present computer inventory (none diedicated to the natural sciences) is
virtually all DOS-based hardware, but there is a contingent that really thinks
Macs are better.

Jim Perry
Campus Dean and Associate Prof of Biological Sciences
University of Wisconsin Center - Fox Valley
Midway Road at University Drive, PO Box 8002
Menasha, WI 54952-8002
414-832-2610
jperry at uwcamil.uwc.edu