Practicals on wound response or touch sensitivity

Alyson Tobin at6 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Sep 5 06:24:24 EST 1995

I am planning an undergraduate practical for a comparative biology
course- comparing plant and animal responses to stimuli- and wondered if
anyone has any good methods/practicals for demonstrating either wound
  I am also intending to try the Chara practical in Carol Reiss's book-
using different calcium concentrations and measuring cytoplasmic
streaming in response- we can't get hold of Chara here. Would it work
with Elodea? Has anyone tried this pracitcal? I'd welcome any comments.

Alyson K. Tobin, Plant Science Laboratory, Sir Harold Mitchell
Building, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, UK.
email at6 at St-Andrews.ac.uk
Tel 01334 463375
Fax 01334 463366