Plant Science Outreach (WEB)

Daniel J. Tennessen djt6 at CORNELL.EDU
Tue Sep 26 10:50:00 EST 1995

I am in the process of developing a World Wide Web page that will act as a
Sister-Web with public k-12 schools.  The Web will be used for Plant
Sciences and: 1) Distance tutoring of middle/high school students by college
students, 2) Plant Science career information (Where, how, and why plants
are used in industry), and 3) Academic Information for high school students
that are looking for colleges and technical schools that teach plant
sciences.  The current test site is the public school system in the
Highbridge community, South Bronx, NY City, NY.  Plans are to expand from
there.  What I need from others across country/globe:
(No need to respond to all of these questions, just one or two would be great).
1) Does your college/university have a Web page for biology/plant biology?
If so what is it so that I can point students to it?  If there is a
Pre-college education focus, please let me know!
2) Do you know of plant science industry web pages (informative pages about
plant science processes/products)?
3) I am looking for someone who might have tried tutoring/two-way
communication via the web.
4) Individual webs for specialized plant science information (plant anatomy,
systematics, molecular biology).
5) Pre-college educators (formal or informal/non-formal): if you are
interested in progress/development of this Web page, send me an email.
Thank you in advance for your information and assistance.  Dan.

Dr. Daniel J. Tennessen               Phone: 607-255-1799
Cornell Unviersity                       Fax: 607-255-9998
47 Plant Sciences Bldg.                email:djt6 at cornell.edu
Ithaca, NY 14853                        CENET:dan_tennessen at cce.cornell.edu