plant movement visuals

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at OSU.EDU
Thu Nov 21 09:35:56 EST 1996

>Does anyone know where you can get material showing plants moving?  I
>was thinking along the lines of stomata, Venus flytraps, time lapse of
>growth, gravitropism, leaf rolling, leaf movements etc., basically any
>turgor driven movement in plants.  I was wondering if there are any
>videos/CD ROM=92s/websites where this stuff is available?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jeremy

Jeremy,
You might try either of these two sources:
        Films for the Humanities and Sciences
        P.O. Box 2053
        Princeton, NJ  08543-2053
        Phone: (800) 257-5126 or (609) 275-1400

        ESSAYO Professional Video Services
        9 Pleasant View Avenue
        Concord, NH  03301
        Phone: (603) 224-4913
        [One of their titles, "The Tropisms" (14 min., $75) has time lapse
sequences of chemotropism, geotropism, phototropism, and thigmotropism.

Some of these topics are on videodiscs.  For example, "Death Trap" is an
excellent videodisc showing the mechanism of Venus Flytrap and other
insectivorous plants.  It is produced and marketed by
        Videodiscovery, Inc.
        1700 Westlake Ave. N., Suite 600
        Seattle, WA  98109-3012
        Phone: (800) 548-3472 or (206) 285-5400