looking for information on salt damage to plants

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Mon Jan 22 15:30:18 EST 2001

In addition to damage caused by salt directly *on* the foliage, salt
damage may mimick water stress.   If the soil or the ground water is
very salty (from road salt or municipal water), plants will have a
harder time extracting water from the soil.  Symptoms include browning
or burning on the edges and tips of leaves, especially in long leaves
such as most monocots have.

M. Reed