Online lab quizzes in diversity courses

Christine Maxwell cmaxwell at trentu.ca
Wed Aug 27 07:23:29 EST 2003

Hello Plant-edders,

We are thinking of giving a series of lab quizzes to the students in our
second year diversity course, rather that one major lab exam.  Since we
also use Web-ct, we are thinking that it should be possible to load
images and questions onto the computers in the lab, and have each
student complete the quiz, which could then be marked using the webct
program.  Has anyone else tried this?  Are there suitable images, with
labels indicating parts of specimens with questions?
Ideally I would prefer that the students use microsopes and live
specimens, but when the numbers reach a certain point I think I have to
look at the alternatives!
Christine

---