Vine identification

Slofolk fantom at
Sat Jul 19 12:49:47 EST 2003

The picture shows better what I can only describe as an ivy
shaped leaf, but not as thick or darkly colored as ivy (and it
dies off in winter, reseeds itself), has a small yellow flower
(1/8" to 1/4" across) which is trumpet shaped, and a very small
fruit (1/2 inch across or so) that is marked as a watermelon.
It seems a lot like a gooseberry

there's a picture here:

I seem to remember (my memory is not always good) that I planted
seeds several years ago and it was edible, but now can't remember
for sure.   Does anyone recognize this plant?

Thanks for any help.