Biology textbook project

Marknewlyn marknewlyn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 01:03:53 EST 2005

Hi all

A group of physics students from the University of Cape Town started a
project to write science textbooks for high school students under a free
license. By reducing the authors', editors' and publishers' royalties
the cost of books can be reduced to ~R15 (US$ 3) per book, a significant
reduction over current prices.  By making the content available for
education initiatives anywhere to modify and use the project hopes to
help provide books in needy areas as well as support other education
initiatives (globally).

The project page is: http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst

We are looking for volunteers who might have some time or content to
spare to help us speed up the project. As we are all volunteers,
development is slow (but steady) and we are looking for people to help
us reduce individual workloads.

This is a biology education discussion group so I thought I'd try my
luck and draw your attention to the project just in case anyone is
interested in helping out.

Cheers,

Mark